You might have wondered, at least once, what your regular face wash is made of.
The ingredients, whether there are too many chemicals in it, are they harmful in the long run?
These thoughts would’ve crossed your mind. It turns out, regular face washes have way more harmful ingredients than we know of. Chemicals like parabens, alcohol and oils that are cheaply available, are often used to produce your largely available face wash products.
Various cosmetic brands use different ingredients to provide effective skin care results. Brands use carefully selected substances like activated charcoal, turmeric, aloe vera, milk proteins etc. to produce a high-end product. True, they don’t come in cheap, but when it comes to maintaining your beauty without any side-effects, no price is too much.
We, Earth Essentials are one such brand that produces an effective face wash product. The latest product in the line-up of Earthe Essentials is our Activated carbon face wash. The product uses carbon as its main ingredient. And not just any carbon, activated carbon.
Carbon in its natural state is just a black powder that sticks to anything it touches and if you plan on washing your face with coal powder, you’ll for sure stain your clothes.
Ingredients of Activated Carbon Face Wash
Activated carbon on the other hand is a non-sticky, porous substance that acts as a natural scrub. It has a load of benefits packed with it. Activated carbon is made by heating coal, wood or peat and thereby oxidising them. The carbon atoms in the substance get “activated” or in other words, excited in the process.
This substance forms a coarse powder like sand. So, it is nearly impossible to make a solid soap or a bathing bar out of it. Hence, it is mixed with other ingredients like
- Vegetable glycerin
- Propylene Glycol
- Aloe vera Extract
- Silk Proteins
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine derived from coconut oil, etc.
This way, a lustrous mixture is obtained and it can be shaped into a bar or in our case, a face wash.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal in Face Wash
- It is an Excellent Exfoliant – Activated carbon scrubs off all the dead skin cells sticking to your skin. This gives way for newer, healthier skin to grow in its stead. Using Activated carbon face wash once or twice a week can give you a healthy glow on your face. And if you have oily skin, you can use it more regularly for better results.
- Activated Carbon is highly Absorptive – Activated carbon clings on to dust and oils in your skin and hold on to them until being washed away. A single wash with activated carbon face wash can leave you feeling fresh and shining.
- It Removes Excess Sebum Secreted by Your Skin – The sebum is responsible for the growth of acne, blemishes, blackheads, etc. activated carbon face wash can help you control these and several other skin problems you face.
- Activated Charcoal suits all Types of Skin – This is the most important advantage of activated carbon face wash. It suits all types of skin. Oily, dry, tanned, you name it. It can help you maintain your skin and make you look young all year long.
Earth Essentials has come up with several variants to their face wash products. The most sought-after product besides the Activated carbon face wash is the turmeric face wash. This product also has activated carbon in it, but also has an added advantage of turmeric.
Turmeric is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties. It is an important ingredient in ayurvedic preparations too. Earth Essentials has incorporated the substance in its own products too.
The vegetable glycerin in the face wash helps reduce skin redness and eczema. and it is one of the primary ingredients of Earth Essentials’ Activated Carbon Face Wash.